insurance lead generation and nurturing
How often have you visited a website and then departed – never to return again?
This scenario occurs every day – particularly in the insurance market. An insurance website visit is a fleeting encounter, akin to driving by a billboard on the freeway. Unless you drive that route or stumble on the website again, the information is out of sight and out of mind.
Insurance lead generation and lead nurturing strategies overcome this obstacle by creating repeat interaction opportunities. Repeat interactions are important because according to Gleanster, 50 percent of qualified leads are NOT ready to purchase immediately. And that percentage is most likely much higher in the x-date-driven commercial insurance world. If a prospective client visits 10 months prior to her x-date, how can you make sure she still remembers you three months prior to her x-date? With strategic insurance lead generation and nurturing.
How does online insurance lead generation and nurturing work?
It goes like this … You come to my insurance website and download my free report, “Effective Insurance Websites.” To obtain the download, you complete a form on a landing page. (This is called a conversion.) Three days later, my website automatically sends you a personalized email asking if you found the free report helpful, and offering another free report about Insurance Marketing Metrics. Ten days later, my insurance website sends you another personalized email with yet another related offer. It continues to interact with you regularly, nurturing you with helpful information to help you make an informed and educated buying decision. When you’re ready to buy, you will definitely think of my company.
If you’re unsure about the value of an insurance lead nurturing system, read the stats below.
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source: Forrester Research)
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads. (Source: The Annuitas Group)
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source: The Annuitas Group)
The bottom line: Your insurance website is much more than an online brochure. If it’s set up correctly, it should serve as an insurance lead generation and lead nurturing hub, making sure that no prospective customer falls by the wayside.
To produce leads, your insurance website should have multiple offers – free reports, white papers, case studies, buying guides, checklists and more. However, the visitor must be required to complete a landing page form prior to the instant download. It’s a give and get relationship. Once visitors give their contact information, they get helpful information. Once you have their contact information, they have stepped in your selling process and you may proceed with sending additional helpful informational offers. The process should build trust, familiarity and education, so make sure that you don’t alienate buyers with too much of sales pitch.
How can Inbound Insurance Marketing assist with your lead generation and lead nurturing efforts?
- Offer development (The writing and design of free reports, white papers, case studies, buying guides, checklists and more.)
- Call to action callout box designs
- Landing page copywriting (and development if you’re on Hubspot or WordPress)
- Copywriting for lead nurturing auto-responder emails
- The setup of lead nurturing workflows, if your site is in Hubspot