Discover how social media is transforming insurance marketing
Are you a social media naysayer – one of those people who believes social media can never yield measurable results?
We used to be skeptical too, but not anymore. Just as an experiment, we fully jumped into social media (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter) in November 2011. By May of 2012, the facts were undeniable. Our monthly website traffic had increased three-fold, we were generating six-times more website leads and we had 78 leads in one month from social media sources!
We’ve noticed something about prospects we meet through LinkedIn. They’re savvy, information-hungry and searching for ways to operate smarter. Those characteristics just happen to align with our ideal client profile. How about you? Would you like to connect with people like that?
There’s no denying that social media is here to stay. According to Experian, 91 percent of online adults use social media regularly. And with nearly 239 million Internet users in the U.S. (75.6 percent of the total population), social media venues put your company in front of a lot of potential customers! In fact, Forrester Research indicates that by 2016, more than half of the dollars spent in US retail will be influenced by the web.
If you’re still reluctant to explore social media for insurance, consider this:
- It doesn’t take long to create an effective social media presence. In fact, you can get social media results by investing as little as two hours each week
- Many insurance marketers have discovered that social media is a very lucrative and low-cost lead source.
- While Facebook has largely been a business-to-consumer marketing tool, many business-to-business insurance marketers generate strong ROI by using LinkedIn and Twitter.
At Inbound Insurance Marketing, we offer a wide range of social media insurance support including:
- Writing and posting blog articles to your insurance website and social media venues
- Developing executive LinkedIn bios
- Creating LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook company pages
- Coordination of the joining and posting to LinkedIn groups
- Write social media posts to promote your content
- Manage the entire social media process for your team